~ 10 Commandments for Dogs ~
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Regular separation from you will
be painful and can even cause depression.
Think before you buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me don't be impatient, short-tempered or
3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back, respect is earned not given as some sort of
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. I am not capable of under-
standing why I am being locked up. I only know I have been rejected. You have your work,
entertainment and friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your tone. "You only
have to look at my tail" to know that.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget, if that treatment is unjust or bad, it may spoil
the special bond between us.
7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hands
but I choose NOT to bite YOU.
8. Before you tell me off me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something
might be wrong with me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food or I've been out in the sun too long,
maybe my heart is getting old and weak, or maybe I'm just dog-tired.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and will also want care, love, and affection.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my
"Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember that I love you.