Doing what you may do in the future - My Practicum Story

It’s good to be blogging again, well this time it is an experience I think other students may not have. When you know that an OJT is just right for your course? Did you really like what you are going to do there? Or just to finish the hours needed? Are you happy and satisfied that you are doing what you like?

Im not here to blame other students that are not taking OJT’s seriously (just to finish the hours making coffee, using the Xerox machine , and becoming a messenger encoding and guess what you are a Computer Science damn you study mathematics and a critical thinker and you are just fine with that?. But then I am here to help for those going to have their well think again!.

I guess every one of us must think something that will really help us in our chosen field, something that you are going to learn above other students that what they might have learned in their schools. To start with my summer started in looking for an OJT, something that I am looking forward to cause I know you are going to have an experience that you really are doing what you may do in the future! So I decided to look for a company that will offer ASP.NET first and the ever hard JAVA in which I like, as a tool for the practicum, but I guess no luck for ASP.NET. My first company that I been to is in Taguig City , Ericsson in which they do SAP (interesting thou) so unfortunately the HR told me that they are not going to offer practicum this summer, well fine! That night I went straight to the internet café to search for companies who offer practicum and I began to see my Java /YM Friend sir Greg , I greeted him and he asked me what’s new? And I said busy looking for companies to work as OJT. He then told me that “You know Java” and I said yes but it’s a little rusty cause that was a year ago, he offered me their company to work as OJT- SOLEGY LLC.

I want to go to the details cause it will take us very long for you to get what im saying here,so here it goes. When I met my two OJT’s I’ve seen that they where that good in doing programming, and im a little embarrassed but I wanted to show that I know java its just that I m not in the right thinking because of the new language I had right now(VB.NET) . We are a team working on a Test Tool for their business rules. We did the Software made all the necessary documents and manuals. That working from scratch and doing a new software is something very remarkable, that you had to do a difficult software in Java! We did trained for 1 week a refresher course, and you need to self study on you PC there for a better and fast understanding. Being with these geniuses on that floor makes me become the stupid person there, its because they are really intelligent people developing these software and talking about tech stuff that really is interesting. From that I realized that everything is all about do what you like best and for them that is –DESIGNING A SOFTWARE . They like to program and do something new for the better. We OJT’s are inspired and determined to really pursue something that you are passionate about , because when you don’t have that then you are going to have a hard time thinking what you will do 5 yrs from now! As I said to myself Java is the one that im going to pursue after college. Hey he really wants me –lol. After we had presented the final software we feel that we are a better developers (chose this cause we did not just program we had designed and documented it). As we leave the Solegy the moments and experiences that we gained will eventually help us in the future, the design, coding and documenting will all be remembered to the extent that everyone you had worked in that company are doing not for money but for pleasure.

Comments

Popular Posts